Leading up to Fall I want to cover a few topics that everyone asks regarding their fall portrait sessions. Up first:
* Why not?!Fall is our busiest time of year.Here in Michigan we are blessed with gorgeous colors everywhere once the weather turns cold.Even the weeds are beautiful.The clothes are comfortable, the sun is warm in color and produces beautiful light and beautiful sunsets.The colors are beautiful.The neutrals and warm tones of fall go with everything and create some of the most beautiful portraits!
* Fall is also a great time to get that family photo for your holiday cards.If you do it in the fall you will have them ready to send out instead of waiting until the last minute. You know we all have the best intentions to send them and time slips away.Get them done in the fall and you have one thing checked off your list already!Feels great doesn’t it!! Not to mention the weather is still comfortable yet close enough to the holidays to have an updated photo to show off your beautiful family!Not to mention you have the option to give great photo gifts for grandparents and other family members!Personalized gifts are the best!!
* School has started back up so most family vacation are put on hold.We are all spending more time at home or having family visit us.Especially as the holidays approach we will be having more guests.What a great time to get your family photos hanging on your walls updated!Because you DO have your family photos hanging on your wall, right?!Nothing says happy family creating memories like having your beautiful images hanging on your walls. The earthy and neutral tones of fall with go with almost any décor and will look fabulous hanging on your walls or on your desk.
* You are creating and capturing memories with each portrait session.Our kids are growing up fast and we need to take every opportunity to freeze this moment in time.Nobody has ever told me, I regret getting pictures of my family.To me, our sessions aren’t just taking pictures. I try to get to know your family and tell your story with each session.As your kids grow they change and we want to remember each stage.This is more than just having something to post on social media (while I still encourage the sharing… )it is about being able to look back and remember.
* You never know when it is your last chance. I hate to bring this up but life happens and tragedies happen.It is unfortunate things happen and our loved ones pass unexpectedly.I don’t want you to regret putting it off and not having that chance.
* Fall portraits are some of the easiest ones to coordinate outfits. So many of the fall colors go well together and there are so many more options.Not to mention accessories!Scarves, hats, jewelry, boots etc.Have fun with it!If you need help, I am always available to offer suggestions or help you pick between two options. When clients book with me I will give a welcome guide that has suggestions on clothing and options.
In closing, I hope that I convinced you of the importance of Fall Family portraits! Coming Up Next: Help with what to wear!